Saturday, May 31, 2014

A Day at the Fair

Actually it was a 2 day Antiques Fair in our tiny town...my first since moving here last year 
It's held over my fence which was all very handy but not great for my purse.
My first purchase on the first day was a remnant of a  Victorian tea gown...I'm a sucker for rescuing antique fabric














It's quite hard to describe and even photograph but it is  the bottom half  of a dress with a silk organza swag all the way round , floaty rose printed organza and lace which has all turned ivory with age
It came in a large old cardboard box and when I took it out underneath was a unfinished satin gown


On the second day I made a cheeky offer on 2 silver topped perfume bottles which was accepted











In the garden this week





Dusk


Lemons at last
















Last week of Autumn sunset in the back yard



Linking up with 

The Dedicated House
Knick of Time
French Country Cottage
Ivy and Elephants
Common Ground
The Colorado Lady
Shabby Art Boutique
Chic on a Shoestring
Country Farm Home
My Romantic Home
Sir thrift-a-lot
Rose Vignettes
Rooted in Thyme
My Charmed Home
Elizabeth & Co
Finding Fabulous
A Revisionary Life

16 comments:

  1. What a wonderful piece of history! Such lovely material and such beautiful, intricate lace - real treasure!
    The silver topped bottles are lovely too.
    Your garden looks lovely, the views wonderful, and what a sunset!
    Have a great weekend Meg
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely piece of lace. I just love old lace of any kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does it get any better than that. Beautiful finds, the lace is a real delight. Gorgeous garden and sunset, amazing views. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow those lemons are something else. Amazing to be able to just pick them off the tree and presumably slice and pop them into a nice long drink to enjoy that fabulous view of yours.

    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love old things too and of course your views are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dainty and delightful are your fabric pieces. You have inspired me to make offers for items, the silver topped bottles are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely dress - so glad someone thought to save what was left of it. Love the succulents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fabric of the dress. Your photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog from Coastal Charm's linky party -- love it :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful post of a wide choice of goodies. Some lady enjoyed a lovely gown back when.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The fabric is gorgeous! So are your garden pictures! This post was a feast for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello from Brisbane! I've just pinned that gorgeous picture of the succulents to my Say G'Day Saturday board-thanks so much for linking up. Hope you can join us again tomorrow.

    Have a great weekend!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  13. The fabrics are beautiful. Love the pictures you've posted- they're all wonderful! Your succulents look really perfect- I've just started one but it doesn't look like much right now. I like the bowl with the lemons!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh! Every time I see pictures of your beautiful home, I just sigh. It really is wonderful. :)
    That vintage piece is amazing! You really do find all the cool stuff. Thank you for joining in and sharing this fun post on Fresh-Cut Friday!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  15. I bet the Victorian tea gown was truly something back in the day. Your photos are stunning! You are lucky to have lemons growing in your garden.

    Linking from Fresh Cut Friday,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  16. You hit the mother lode of vintage linens! Oh, I'm drooling over all that gorgeous fabric.
    We featured you this week at Ivy and Elephants, feel free to drop by and grab a featured button.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you and appreciate your messages. Meg xx