Saturday, May 24, 2014

Finding Fabulous

A visit to the charity shop and I found a gorgeous 1950's headpiece for my collection.






This set of books were from a free box outside a Lion's club shed





A little French book from the salvage shop



We found a little country antique shop with a rummage room. I bought 6 of these crystal glasses from a water set for $10. The owner had a beautiful and expensive set with water jug and 12 glasses and she separated these 6 because she said they were cloudy !!! I can't see it myself
In the garden this week

The trees are pretty much bare now , the roses finished and our veg garden has had 4 bags of pig manure ( bought from a nearby farm) dug over and ready for planting. Hundreds of daffodil bulbs peaking up










Autumn mist at dawn from the front porch



Sunny by lunchtime view from the porch


A foggy morning from the back porch



The orchard over the back fence


From the Library this week





Linking up with


The Dedicated House
Knick of Time
French Country Cottage
Ivy and Elephants
Common Ground
The Colorado Lady
Shabby Art Boutique
Chic on a Shoestring
Country Farm Home
My Romantic Home
Sir thrift-a-lot
Rose Vignettes
Rooted in Thyme
My Charmed Home
Elizabeth & Co
Finding Fabulous
A Revisionary Life

11 comments:

  1. Love all of your finds! Funny, I just bought the same little French book today but it is not nearly in as good condition as yours is, but I still LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful finds, the 1950s headdress is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That headdress is just so pretty, just like something my mum would have worn, your garden is looking very pretty this Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, that little hat, perfect for a Grace Kelly look. Lovely to display too.

    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The glasses dont look cloudy to me! Lovely finds and I see Autumn is showing her colours your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your finds over the last couple of weeks Meg - and the child's cot is my fave too!
    I would enjoy fossicking in that shop - ot would have lots of treasures.

    Are you able to tell me the name of the fabric in your last photo - it looks like it's on a chair.
    It's just what I'm looking for - a tiny pattern for a bedroom.

    Yes Meg in our corner of the world, it's time to bed down our gardens for the Winter months.
    I'm already making notes in my garden notebook of new roses and plants to order for next Spring!
    I'm visiting a country nursery on Tuesday and hoping to find inspiration there too!

    A lovely post - enjoy your weekend!
    Shane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The head piece is beautiful, the book such a pretty blue and your crystal glasses, what a steal. The foggy morning photo is lovely.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What incredible finds - especially that headpiece - just gorgeous !!!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Meg, Thanks for sharing this at Revisionary Life Thrifty Life Thursday Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What is so nice about having blogging friends all around the world is seeing each and every season on a daily basis. After a sweltering day here, it was so nice to view the cool of autumn. Love the books and the head piece.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always a delight to visit you Meg. Love the head piece.
    Hugs ~ Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you and appreciate your messages. Meg xx