Saturday, May 17, 2014

This Week's Finds

Our small town has a tiny church charity shop which is only open a few hours over 2 days a week
I found  a couple of treasures this week

a double strand of mid century pearls for my costume jewellery collection for $9




I couldn't believe my eyes when I spotted a stack of 4 antique bowls for $2 each
They are James Kent  " La Rosa" and we had only been looking at a James Kent display in an antique shop the week before and now sit with my collection of roses china









It is a very small shop ...a crowd is more than one person!




It's a brisk walk uphill and past the town park


The autumn weather is gorgeous at the moment and the garden is slowly losing its flowers and leaves


First frost













Left over bread and butter pudding







One of the last roses destined to be dried





Linking up with :

The Dedicated House
Knick of Time
French Country Cottage
Ivy and Elephants
Common Ground
The Colorado Lady
Shabby Art Boutique
The Thrifty Groove
Chic on a Shoestring
Country Farm Home
My Romantic Home
Sir thrift-a-lot
Rose Vignettes
Rooted in Thyme
My Charmed Home
Elizabeth & Co
Finding Fabulous
A Revisionary Life 
Natasha in Oz 
From my Front Porch to Yours

24 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post. First, you did find treasure, didn't you? The pearls are amazing and the China is gorgeous. Your scenery is beautiful. You have a beautiful view from your table. I love Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your view is beautiful all seasons! Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pearls are stunning. and how very sweet your tiny local oppie is.
    There's been a couple of frosts here so far, another one this morning too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those pearls. Why is it that things made all those years ago were beautiful. Try and buy some costume jewellery pearls now...cheap and nasty?! The views of your garden and surrounding hills are gorgeous. Enjoy that lovely autumn weather.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it not wonderful to find the exact china you are collecting in a thrift store?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is beautiful, but that last photo of your dried roses is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing finds the pearls and the china are real treasures. The dried roses display is a real delight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. More lovely finds, your garden looks pretty all through the year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What glorious photos especially the photo of the chicks. Great treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The necklace is a very nice piece.
    Your scenic Photo's are lovely.
    Have a great week.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great finds and gorgeous country!
    *hugs*deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. what gorgeous photos and I love your little thrift store and the treasures you found there. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. visiting from rooted in Thyme. What fantastic finds. The shop may be small but it obviously has amazing treasures

    ReplyDelete
  14. Truly enjoyed every scene on your post. You live in on of the most beautiful places ever. Thank you for dropping by Texas,

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a pearl girl so I like the pearls and really like those rose dishes , just beautiful and a good find for you

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your pictures! Especially the necklace and the chickens. The necklace looks like a very good deal!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a lovely post Meg. My grandmother had pearls like those, brought a smile to me. I adore your rose dishes, china with pink roses is my absolute favorite. And gosh, what a gorgeous place you live in. How wonderful to look out upon that each day.

    Happy Vintage Thingie Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great finds! I love the amazing pearls necklace and all pics especially the one of gorgeous chickens! Thanks for sharing!
    Have a fabulous weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Perls are one of favorites, those are simply gorgeous! Your photos are just stunning!
    Hugs,
    Pattti

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your china is beautiful! I am your newest follower.
    Susan @Susan's Hearts and Flowers

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pictures are amazing! Love the landscape views!
    Hugs, Olushka

    ReplyDelete
  22. I always enjoy my visits with you Meg. Your home and garden has such a calm feel about it... thank you.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you and appreciate your messages. Meg xx