Saturday, August 23, 2014

Rustic

I love this little piece of leadlight glass I found. It was really grubby so I washed,sanded and polished the glass. Each pane is  beautifully bevelled and sparkles when in light


  



Before sanding








An old mini laundry basket which I am going to use for my growing stash of faded fabrics











Lined it






A sweet copy of Emma






I look forward to going outside each morning  and checking out what is starting to welcome Spring



golden wattle






First blossom



 

Pruning





Bonfire



Sun bathing and dust bathing  in the  garden





Linking up with 

The Dedicated House
Knick of Time
French Country Cottage
Ivy and Elephants
Shabby Art Boutique
Chic on a Shoestring
Country Farm Home
My Romantic Home
Sir thrift-a-lot
Rose Vignettes
Rooted in Thyme
My Charmed Home
Elizabeth & Co
Finding Fabulous
A Revisionary Life
Thoughts from Alice

16 comments:

  1. The leadlight glass was a very special find, it's beautiful.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find its stunning I love old chunky wood. Love your photo's it looks so peaceful and tranquil. I could sit by that bonfire and read Emma quite happily :-) dee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The glass was a real delight, what a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That frame has come up a treat. I saw something similar today at a garden nursery. They had put mirrors behind the frame and put it up on a nice old rustic wall in the conservatory.

    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting to see the garden come alive!!! And your glass piece is gorgeous!!! I would use it in so many places! You enjoy all the sweet treats that the new season is bringing to your garden! Loved the lined basket by the way! Happy weekend! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your leaded glass cabinet door is fabulous! Visiting from Thoughts from Alice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great finds.. love the little basket and how you lined it. I can so relate to your pics. I just cut some wattle the other day to put in a vase.. I also took pics of my daffodils and hubby lit the bonfire to get rid of old branches etc last Sunday. I'm so glad spring is upon us and I too have so much cleaning to do in the garden I'm sure it will take me a week. take care, Maryann

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love the window. It looks amazing after you have done it up. Yay for spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful leaded glass. Your collection of faded fabric look nice in the old basket.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love the old window frame . I would show it off also.
    and the old basket to hold your faded fabric is so cottage chic, I never thought about keeping my old fabric to fade out in the sun.
    so glad I found your blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the leaded glass and you faded fabric collection looks nice in the basket, and maybe I need to hold some of mine in a basket too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, that leaded glass is gorgeous! And displaying your vintage fabric is such a fabulous idea. Mine is all tucked away. I may have to re-think that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great finds! That leaded glass is absolutely stunning. It inspires me to get out of the house today, and look for a few items for myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely! What will you do with that precious leaded glass?! Love the basket too! Oh, Fall is on it's way here and it is my favorite season, but so sad to see summer go. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome finds as always, Meg. Thank you for sharing them at Revisionary Life!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you and appreciate your messages. Meg xx