Sunday, June 16, 2013

More Vintage Luggage!

 
I have been searching for a while for a vintage hatbox to store some of my girlie treasures....
compacts, perfume bottles,evening bags...they are all sooo expensive.
I found this just in time before moving in a small shop and haggled it right down.
It's from the 50's and sits nicely on top of my first box
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A Salvo's find....I spotted a sugar bowl for $1.99 which was close to my precious Royal Winton "Summertime"teapot. The teapot was one of my first finds in an Antique shop on a trip to Melbourne as a newlywed a long, long time ago and cost me $25. It's now worth around  $600/700 and is going to wrapped very carefully!
The sugar bowl is probably 1950/60's as it has a Made in Japan mark and is quite a good match
 
 
 

Linking up with :

A Treasured Past

Apron Thrift Girl 
The Dedicated House
A Living Space
Knick of Time
French Country Cottage
Ivy and Elephants
Common Ground
The Colorado Lady
Shabby Art Boutique
The Thrifty Groove
Chic on a Shoestring
Old Time Farmhouse
Country Farm Home
My Romantic Home
Sir thrift-a-lot
Rose Vignettes
Rooted in Thyme
My Charmed Home
Blackbird Has Spoken
Elizabeth & Co


24 comments:

  1. I love, love, love the hat box! I don't see good ones that often. That one is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the lining is so pretty....I have a couple that I found moons ago...they live at my mums place. she keeps finding excuses to not give them back!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh such lovely finds here! I think that hat box has endless possibilities!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow the hat box. the inside is just as stunning. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zara....they are so hard to find at a low cost!

      Delete
  5. The hat box is beautiful....I love the lining, & that teapot is amazing!!! I do love that floral patterned china. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good finds! Lovely hat box - so pretty inside. Love the chintzy china too. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the hat boxes, i used to have a similar one that was my aunts, but unfortunately the stitching came undone and it just fell apart- wish i still had it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The hatboxes are absolutely wonderful. Just read some of your older posts and am most envious of the lovely new home you are moving to. My husband used to live in Australia and would move back tomorrow if only I would agree to! M x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love hatboxes! So charming. The fabric liner is fabulous. Great score!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful surprise to open that brown box and see that lovely fabric inside!

    Hope your move is going well.....

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I love, love the inside of the hat box, and the china is beautiful. What a great investment that was!! Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have 2 wonderful old vintage hat boxes however they don't have that wonderful fabric inside

    love you calico chintz tea pot & sugar also

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful hatbox! I love that you added it to your other one! Beautiful sugar bowl also. Thanks for joining TTF this week!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the hatbox! I found a vintage pink one a couple of months ago and my mom immediately claimed it! I don't think I'll be getting it back anytime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Meg, sorry I haven't been around for a while. LOVE your hat boxes, and they are sooo handy aren't they? Hope all is well with the move etc, Tam x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those hat boxes are so darn amazing, love them!
    Thanks for sharing today, visiting from Common Ground.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty---I love the lining of that hat box! I've just posted the new Homemaking Party for the week and would love to have you link up, if you'd like.

    http://www.hopeineveryseason.com/2013/06/pretty-pinks-and-greens-for-homemaking.html

    Blessings,
    Mrs. Sarah Coller

    ReplyDelete
  18. Meg, I wanted to let you know that this post will be featured tomorrow on my blog from last weeks TTF!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  19. What fantastic finds! Love it all! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you and appreciate your messages. Meg xx