Sunday, June 9, 2013

A Well Timed Find

 
Most of my week has been spent researching storage solutions for the new house. We spent 4 hours at the IKEA sale.....what a mad house that was. Bought tons of stuff which is has stay boxed for moving day.....DARN!!!!
 
I have been searching the op shops and the local second hand market for storage too and I was thrilled to find this large solid cane linen basket for a teeny tiny price. I LOVE IT!!!! I put 8 quilts in it easily and will look great in the new guest room which has a coastal colour scheme.
The icing on the cake is I have just found the same range of baskets in a magazine this morning ....$359 ...YIKES ...and YAY. I'm thinking of stencilling  some numbers on it.












 
I am still grabbing vintage Tupperware when I find it and throwing out all my modern plastic ones
This set was only $8


I have a nice collections of shells and I bought this bowl at the Freedom sale for half price for the bathroom
 
 
I gave this  table a second coat of white paint and a light distress (originally an ugly brown)and cost only $5 ,all ready for the gorgeous IKEA industrial nickle-plated table lamp we bought



Linking up with :

A Treasured Past

Apron Thrift Girl 
The Dedicated House
A Living Space
Knick of Time
French Country Cottage
Ivy and Elephants
Common Ground
The Colorado Lady
Shabby Art Boutique
The Thrifty Groove
Chic on a Shoestring
Old Time Farmhouse
Country Farm Home
My Romantic Home
Sir thrift-a-lot
Rose Vignettes
Rooted in Thyme
My Charmed Home
Blackbird Has Spoken
Elizabeth & Co

22 comments:

  1. I like the look of your new basket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - I thought I was good at finding bargains (I am!), but you're the queen of the op shop! Lovely basket, great bowl and table - well done! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making the most of it until we move away....xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found a great deal! Love the basket, and the Tupperware. ;-)
    His blessings,
    Kim @ Curtain Queen

    ReplyDelete
  5. You scored on the vintage Tupperware. What amazing colors!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big find on the vintage Tupperware, but the wicker chest was great. I hope your new home is huge to hold all your treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I grew up with that set of Tupperware and its still in use at Mums place. Now looking for the same for my place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the new basket and I am totally in love with your header.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Magali! Thanks for the kind thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found your blog through My Romantic Home - Show and Tell Friday, and I am your newest follower. You have some incredible finds! I would love for you to stop by my blog sometime at http://homeandlifestyledesign.blogspot.com
    Thanks, Patty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patty and welcome...I'll pop over to your blog!

      Delete
  11. It is my first visit - via the Home Sweet Home party. I will have to read backwards to see why, when and where you are moving.

    I LOVE your basket and if it was mine, I would definitely stencil a number on it. I love anything with numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great basket! I think it would look cool with numbers stenciled on it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the basket! You are one of the fan features at the Sunday Showcase from the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Pop on in and grab a Sunday Showcase feature button for your blog. Hope to see you again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  14. I definitely understand how exhausting the IKEA madness can be, but it sounds like you found some good stuff! And that basket -- WOW! I love the idea of stenciling numbers on them.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you and appreciate your messages. Meg xx