Friday, June 5, 2015

First Finds for Winter


I  found this gorgeous 100 yo plate on a long trip  to check out the charity shops in a country town on the Murray River. I love it...its circa 1900 transfer ware from Staffordshire










In my own town charity shop I spied this trio of vintage copper kitchen scoops for $1!









the garden is already very dreary with bare trees and gray days


foggy morning light





Linking up with 

The Dedicated House
Knick of Time
   French Country Cottage
Ivy and Elephants
Shabby Art Boutique
Chic on a Shoestring
My Romantic Home
The Charm of Home
Elizabeth & Co
  Woman in Real Life
                                                                  Common Ground
                                                                Thoughts from Alice
                                                                  The Shabby Nest 
                                                                  Bella Rosa Antiques

15 comments:

  1. I love them copper scoops That view is to die for , You are very lucky Meg xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister lives in Stoke on Trent Staffordshire where the plate was made, it certainly is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you have those beautiful orchids and those adorable chickens to keep you company in the deary weather/countryside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, exquisite scoops and I LURVE that dish! What lovely finds. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That blue plate is a great find, love it decorated with the wonderful rose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always think it is so funny to see so many colorful and unusual chickens and roosters! As a child I always thought they were all white! On Craigslist I see some very unusual ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness Meg! I still see so much color and beauty in your garden! Such a magical space in every season! And your copper scoops are sooooo cool!! I would love those! Wishing you an outstanding week ahead! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely photos. i would love for you to stop by my blog and join our Something to Talk About link party on Mondays!
    Have a great week!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your garden will be beautiful even in winter! Envying those copper scoops!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finds!! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your antique plate is a real beauty! Your garden is still looking as pretty as ever to me. What a gorgeous view you have! Thank you for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos. You've certainly done them justice. Always glad to see lovely pieces 'rescued'. Visiting from Whatsit Wednesday. Have a great Week. Susan - the eclecticshorebird@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great finds! That always kinda makes your day doesn't it?! Love the scenery! Visiting from Home Sweet Home Party. Have a super weekend! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. that wonderful footed transferware plate is amazing, I don't think I've seen one like it before, great finds, Meg! thanks for joining in for SYS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Some great finds there Meg. Those copper scoops are gorgeous!

    I am loving your views. Some lovely green poking through to transform into a pretty landscape once again.

    xTania

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you and appreciate your messages. Meg xx