Saturday, June 16, 2012

100th Blog ......Weekend Finds


I am posting my 100th blog today and I can't believe it has gone so quickly...it's only been 6 months since I sat down to try and work out how it all worked.
Its been a whirlwind shopping day today ...op-shops, second-hand shops, and a Bed,Bath and Table Sale

I am a sucker for books with old bookplates and this old book was presented to the Dux of 1937
at St Catherines School...I couldn't resist it for $2



I love this old engraving  for $15...its very long in size







2 pieces from a half price sale at Bed Bath Table



A couple more books on flea market decorating to add to my growing collection



A new pair of Mary Jane Style shoes (RRP $219 ) Zeira/Kumfs  for $9.99 at the Salvos



12 comments:

  1. Well, I love J.M. Barrie - what a lovely book, and the engraving looks fascinating - any idea what it is? Looks like an early naval setlement, but the royal cipher looks Scandanavian...hmmm, very interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been trying to Google what I think is the initials of the cypher but nothing is coming up
    This shop is always stuffed full of things from containers shipped from Denmark....hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely engraving Meg.
    And a great bargain with the shoes.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the Barrie book will be wonderful to lose yourself in - all those plays! Sooper dooper shoes! Would be great to find out more about the engraving ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh lovely I would have nabbed the book with bookplate too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Finds and congrats on your 100th blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really liking the detail in the engraving...containers from Denmark? Augh! I'm swooning!
    And the books look great! Rachel Ashwell has opened a Bed & Breakfast about 30 miles from us in Round Top, TX. called The Prairie http://theprairiebyrachelashwell.com/
    My youngest sister and I toured it a while back...very pretty...of course!
    And your shoes look so comfy! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Crystal,I would love to see Rachels B & B and I hope to visit her shop in London one day

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't resist old books that have the owners name in them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That book is AMAZING!! What a great find! One of my favourite things to hunt for at the op shops are vintage books :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to to thank you for this good read!

    ! I certainly enjoyed every bit of it. I have
    got you book-marked to check out new stuff you post…

    my site - laser cellulite treatment

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you and appreciate your messages. Meg xx