Sunday, February 23, 2014

This Week's Treasure Hunting

What a difference a mild week makes...shopping has been a breeze ! (pun intended)

I bought home this little sweetie...an antique leather collar box in lovely condition, I did give one to my husband as a gift a few years ago,so this one is all mine







I know I promised him no more luggage but this is not really luggage is it??



A sweet little vintage headpiece for my still growing collection



We are planning our Autumn planting and changes to the garden ...one of the perks of being married to a horticulturist is being able to go to a fabulous wholesale nursery with prices rock bottom
I also picked up this pail which I'm going to use for magazines



























We came home with Russian sage ,lavenders,pink sedums. and tons of fertilizers


All the hills  around us are greening up slowly

The best news this week is  we had our first egg...it seems like only yesterday we hatched them in the incubator



 The first egg was on the ground but the second was in the nesting box



I'm still picking a few roses  and drying a few




Sascha has become quite jealous of the girls !







Linking up with :

The Dedicated House
A Living Space
Knick of Time
French Country Cottage
Ivy and Elephants
Common Ground
The Colorado Lady
Shabby Art Boutique
The Thrifty Groove
Chic on a Shoestring
Country Farm Home
My Romantic Home
Sir thrift-a-lot
Rose Vignettes
Rooted in Thyme
My Charmed Home
Blackbird Has Spoken
Elizabeth & Co
 The North End Loft
Finding Fabulous
A Revisionary Life 
Nancherrow 
Natasha in Oz 
From my Front Porch to Yours
The tablescaper

23 comments:

  1. No, it's not luggage. It was for nessacary accessories...so therefore, its a necessity! Beautiful case. Congratulations on the first egg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, these photos are gorgeous. That first egg...delicious!
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it's a bit cooler for you - and for the chooks! That Nursery looks great. Lovely roses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yay, an egg. It wont be long and you'll be have cartons full of fresh eggs. Frittata and quiche are often on the menu here when the egg compartment of the fridge is full to overflowing. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well isn't Sascha a beauty?
    A hat box is absolutely not luggage and you could never have left it behind! The crocadile inside is adorable.
    Glad to hear it's cooled down. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got some great goodies this week. All that luggage is perfect for storage and looks beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How I love looking at the photos at your home. I love the photos of "'the girls" and Sascha (I am in love with Sascha). Too interesting: I call my friends chickens, "the girls"...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knew a cat could be jealous of chickens!!

      Delete
  8. Oh my goodness....where do you live? It is absolutely fabulous. I LOVE the luggage stacked up....beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your vintage luggage collection! I have one which I picked up years ago at an antiques fair and i absolutely adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing some of the beauty and things of interest in your world. Truly enjoyed my visit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely treasures you picked up there and I certainly appreciate seeing warmth and green / that's not going to happen here for quite awhile yet. Your cat is gorgeous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The stack of luggage is gorgeous, but oh my I am swooning at that little collar box! Love it!! Wonderful photos as always. Thanks for linking to TTF!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. The wagon full of plants, the green grass... still winter-ish here in Fort Worth. I want to plant something - anything. Love the luggage.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your suitcase collection is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the colors in that stack of luggage! What a find!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The tons of fertilizer is kind of scary! Too many chemicals around are not good for your animals or us!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Meg,

    You really do have a treasure seeker's eye. The collar box is simply lovely. Yes, we could definitely steal that! And, the stack of suitcases looks wonderful and conjures up thoughts of travelling to foreign fields. We have a growing number in our hall and, every time we pass them, we think of where we might next venture.

    We have only just discovered you and have been most intrigued to look back and see what other goodies you have been collecting. However, it is clear that you do not have just a collection of things since they are all carefully placed and look delightful compositions throughout the house. Just like works of art.

    We have signed up as followers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Popping over from Natasha's Say G'Day and happy to find your lovely blog. Your stack of vintage luggage is fabulous, and I want to shop that plant center. '-) Following along now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the collar box, I knew of them but never saw one it's in great condition. Love all the suitcases too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh, I envy all your wonderful "green". what an amazing view you have!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Meg, Love the antique leather collar box and luggage collection! You're so lucky being married to a horticulturist! I would be at the nursery all the time! I'll be featuring you this week at Simple & Sweet Fridays. Thanks so much for sharing and have a lovely weekend!
    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you and appreciate your messages. Meg xx