Sunday, February 16, 2014

This Weeks Finds

Happy shopping the past week even with extreme heat again....I found another vintage mirror, a little later than the 2 1930's pie crust mirrors I found in the last couple of months.It cost $10

It has a lovely old hanging chain and it's original sticker dated 1955

I posted the others a while ago .....and all 3 cost me no more than $20
They are going up on the bathroom wall 

I also found a cute little 1950's mini  French perfume bottle
 

In the garden this week the fruit is ripening really fast....a glut of nectarines and tomatoes and the plums just keep coming



My girls are almost 20 weeks now so Mr VL got to work in the shed and put together a nesting box which we can slot in the side of the coop...stayed tuned for the first egg!


Cleaning up the fallen fruit 


Salvias are not on their diet!

The Silver Birches in the front yard are slowing dying and will have to be cut down in Autumn and that darn Pierre Ronsard rose in the pot is going to be planted over an arch




Found under the pine trees

How cute is the blue cotton in the nest

Picking the last of the white roses in the garden


It's that time of the year again...a new orchid







Linking up with :

The Dedicated House
A Living Space
Knick of Time
French Country Cottage
Ivy and Elephants
Common Ground
The Colorado Lady
Shabby Art Boutique
The Thrifty Groove
Chic on a Shoestring
Country Farm Home
My Romantic Home
Sir thrift-a-lot
Rose Vignettes
Rooted in Thyme
My Charmed Home
Blackbird Has Spoken
Elizabeth & Co
 The North End Loft
Finding Fabulous
A Revisionary Life 
Nancherrow 
Natasha in Oz 
The tablescaper

20 comments:

  1. What a shame the Silver Birches are dying, I just love those trees. I bet you are looking forward to fresh eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, everything looks very green, in spite of the heat. It's hard to imagine here, as we're having such a grey, wet time! Love the mirrors! And that nest is so sweet! Have a good week. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those mirrors will be lovely in your bathroom, and such bargain prices.
    Your chookie girls look very happy foraging the fallen fruit. Ours get the apples that the parrots throw to the ground... at the rate they're going I don't know if there'll be many left to harvest.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meg,your gardens looking good considering the heat we've had. Isn't the rain the most beautiful after the heat. Love the mirrors. Ahhhh what a sweet little nest

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see those mirrors on the wall. They're just beautiful. I wish I had more walls so I could collect some! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous finds and your mirrors are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome mirrors I wish I was where you are. Im so tired of looking at snow

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my...it's all so beautiful and peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those mirrors! The price! Good for you. Oh my! Such a sweet little perfume bottle! But, the best is fresh eggs and tomatoes...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the beautiful shot, the chickens!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry about your birches! Congrats on the mirror, though. I love the mid-century round ones. I can't wait to see your completed mirror wall.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Visiting from Flaunt It Friday :) Love love love those mirrors!!! Also love the perfume bottle . . . my weakness is vintage glass. Your property is gorgeous . . .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful finds. We have an old hexagon mirror similar to what you shared. Very heavy. Would love for you to share at Fridays Unfolded!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous shots and wonderful finds.

    I'd love to have you join me at Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful mirrors, so pretty in a collection. I enjoyed the walk through your yard, very peaceful!!
    Found you on Anything Blue Friday :)
    Have a great weekend! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just make a big ole' find today and actually thought of you and your post. Thank you for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
  17. The mirrors are gorgeous and will look amazing on the wall. I also love the perfume bottle. Thanks for sharing at TTF!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What beautiful photos as we have no green around here. Not sure where you live, but hot is not a word I've heard in a very long time when describing the weather. Lovely, lovely photos. I have a chicken very similar to your white ones. Do you know the name of the breed? My girls got a chance to get out today since the snow finally melted, but more coming in tomorrow. They don't like getting the feet cold and don't want to venture out unless there is some bare ground.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful mirrors! Love your finds.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you and appreciate your messages. Meg xx