Sunday, January 26, 2014

A White Week


Some weeks can turn out to have a theme...it just happened to be white this week!


 An antique very long table runner with exquisite lace...very cheap because of the few little bites in it....straight into my collection



 An op shop find for 50 c for the closet




A tiny sweet vintage crystal bridal headpiece for my collection...it still is attached to the long tulle veil which I need to detach



I know some people think there are no bargains on E bay anymore, but this ceramic Fossil watch in it's original tin was $20 !!!!! They retail for $200 +.....SCORE





Because we finished painting the last bedroom we could unpack a few more of our pictures. We took some photos Mr VL shot around Europe blew the up in black and white and bought IKEA frames. The large ones will have to wait till the living areas are painted white........SIGHHHH!








In the garden this week


A new flush growth of gardenias



We have had a week of cooler weather YAY.....but by tomorrow it's going to be over a century again at least the whole week. Although we lost our salad veg we have been trying to harvest as much as we could








The plums are still to sour to eat

Miss Henny Penny




Dame Nellie Melba
Enjoying the cool while it lasts


We cleaned up another garden bed neglected by the previous  owners  and dug up about 200 daffodil bulbs which we divided and replanted and mulched....roll on spring!
I bought 2 fabulous books for harvesting recipes for half price from the UK.LOVE THEM!





Linking up with :

The Dedicated House
A Living Space
Knick of Time
French Country Cottage
Ivy and Elephants
Common Ground
The Colorado Lady
Shabby Art Boutique
The Thrifty Groove
Chic on a Shoestring
Country Farm Home
My Romantic Home
Sir thrift-a-lot
Rose Vignettes
Rooted in Thyme
My Charmed Home
Blackbird Has Spoken
Elizabeth & Co
 The North End Loft
Finding Fabulous
A Revisionary Life

23 comments:

  1. Your chooks are beautiful and growing into nice=looking young hens.
    I didn't have much luck at the op-shops this past week, hopefully this coming week will prove more fruitful.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many lovely finds, and your garden is looking as good as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Mr VL's pictures, they look so professional. Your watch was a steal too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Fossil watch is stunning and an absolute score! Almost as stunning as Miss Henny Penny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you make me want spring to be here. right. now. I love my Fossil watch, seriously LOVE it! Fossil makes freakin fantastic watches. Actually everything they make is top quality. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're getting a brief respite from the heat, Meg! (And feel free to send some of it my way. :) The framed photographs look absultely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun when things take on a theme. I have to admit a weakness for white things...especially white flowers. Such lovely images.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, all schools, all activities...everything closed tomorrow around here--the temps are already at minus 7 F and headed further down with wind-chill factor around -20...so what a lovely respite your post brought! That white runner is absolutely beautiful. I love vintage linens! ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh the white cloth looks lovely. beautiful snaps. all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the basket...perfect for organising cupboards! Those tomatoes look delish...am just starting out with a new kitchen garden and about to try out square foot/square metre planting? Have you tried this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!!I have had a look at the book in the past but it is mainly a Northern Hemisphere concept. Here in Adelaide it's too hot for to follow this method. We need tons of mulch and drippers. In our last house (see 2012 posts) we didn't have much more space though and managed to supply us with more salad veg than we both needed xx

      Delete
    2. beautiful vintage lace. And I love the idea of the black and white images all in the smae frames from Ikea. I have been meaning to do this too...on my list! Beautiful fresh produce is the best!
      Have a wonderful week. I am joining you through Ivy and Elephants What's It Wednesday.

      Delete
  11. I am glad some of your crops made it through the heat. The chickens look happy and the tomatoes delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh.... Lovely garden photos and productive too. Your b and w white travel photos look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too much gorgeousness in one post! That fossil watch was a major score! Hope you're coping ok with the extreme temps there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too have developed a likeness (or obsession, call it what you will) for all things white. I love the table runner, I would have grabbed that too! The crystal bridal veil is so pretty!!! Loved looking through your great finds and your watch was def a bargain! Found you via Simple&Sweet Fridays!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What gorgeous finds - I love that the veil is still attached to the tiara actually :)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  16. A white themed week is just fine with me! LOVE your finds...that table runner and veil/tiara are just fab! I forget we're opposite seasons...You'll be cold when we're hot in Texas in July. Thanks for linking up to Thrifty Life Thursday at Revisionary Life. I'm glad we're connected. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. visiting you for the first time via Op Shop Show off. Wow that table cloth is a score - the bounty from your garden looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful finds and I love the photos in the IKEA frames. I must do that with some of my Paris photos. Thanks for linking up to TTF!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm featuring your thrifty finds at Revisionary Life Thrifty Life Thursday this week!
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  20. you always blow me away with your finds and this week is no exception, the table cloth is exquisite. and your place is looking just beautiful in every single shot, it makes me think of the south of France not the south of Australia!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you and appreciate your messages. Meg xx