Sunday, November 3, 2013

A Halloween Birthday

I was very lucky with beautiful weather for my birthday this year....it was a gorgeous Spring day
Besides the mirror I told you about last week Mum bought me an antique pair of mother of pearl opera glasses (c 1900) and a padded linen bed head for my bedroom
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My darling hubs gave me an eternity ring and a special surprise a gorgeous Edwardian gold bracelet with peridots .I especially love the heart padlock engraved with 2 sets of initials. It came in an old antique box
 

From a dear friend  a pair of vintage books
 
 
After a great lunch in a historic country mill it was on to a my favourite country town...Strathalbyn and the little shop I found a few weeks ago that has a gorgeous mix of vintage things with insane prices - half of charity shops in Adelaide 
 
I picked up these for a tiny amount of money
 
 
Love these 3 19th century books-all with interesting inscriptions
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A vintage tablecloth and napkins
 

 
 

I have been searching  a replacement middle size 1973 Spring Blossom Pyrex bowl and this was only $3
 
If only Rummage wasn't so far away I would be there every day!
 
In the garden this week ...our 6 little hatchlings are a month old and been moved to the big girls house ( we don't know yet which are the boys which we won't be keeping)
 


 
 
All our roses and clematis are opening
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The fields over the back fence are been mown by the farmer changing the colours of the landscape
 
 
And the early morning mist hangs low at dawn
 
 
 







Linking up with :

The Dedicated House
A Living Space
Knick of Time
French Country Cottage
Ivy and Elephants
Common Ground
The Colorado Lady
Shabby Art Boutique
The Thrifty Groove
Chic on a Shoestring
Country Farm Home
My Romantic Home
Sir thrift-a-lot
Rose Vignettes
Rooted in Thyme
My Charmed Home
Blackbird Has Spoken
Elizabeth & Co
 The North End Loft
Finding Fabulous
Lavender Garden Cottage
 

19 comments:

  1. You had a very lovely birthday with all the vintage presents. Love the books. Your clematis is lovely - mine has gone to seed for the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday. Your gifts are gorgeous, that bracelet just beautiful.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful gifts you received for your birthday! I love the bedhead & the gold bracelet. Your place looks so picturesque. Happy Birthday. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chicks are growing so quickly. 4 light sussex looking ones and a couple of darker ones too, are they light sussexs as well?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very happy birthday to you,looks like you got some lovely gifts. Your roses are so very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what special gifts!...the bracelet from hubs is adorable!.....so pleased you had a fab time. Do the opera glasses work?....you can spy on the farmer...lol......gee your garden looks amazing. hope all that birthday love still has you floating on air.....x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, that bracelet what a stunner! Kudo's to your husband for having impeccable taste! And happy birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many beautiful things in this post! That bracelet is stunning, and you are officially the queen of beautiful antique books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous antique finds, and I adore the looks at the scenery and the kitchen! Happy belated birthday to you fellow October baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had a lovely birthday! Those are lovely presents. Wishing you a belated Happy Birthday to you! The pictures are so lovely, you have have me looking forward to spring here. The last picture is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your birthday sounds divine and that bracelet is gorgeous....well, so is the headboard and books and I have that very pair of opera glasses....they were my grandmother's. Very nice post...the pictures are great. Visiting from Nifty Thrifty Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How bless you were with all those wonderful gifts. I love the brac;et your hubby gave you. That is my birthstone as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wonderful birthday and a wonderful post. Loved seeing your views.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you had a wonderful birthday. I must say I am in love with that bracelet!! Gorgeous photos and great thrifty finds also. Thanks for linking to TTF this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love to see your view! What an amazing spot you live in. The tablecloth and napkins are just beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful selection of special views and things.
    Regards from Sunny South Africa
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your photos are like paintings, especially the second last one of the early morning mist.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Did you know that you can earn cash by locking selected pages of your blog or website?
    Simply join AdWorkMedia and embed their Content Locking tool.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you and appreciate your messages. Meg xx