Sunday, September 8, 2013

Loving Spring

The weather has been gorgeous this week and we have had a great weekend doing a couple of shopping trips around country towns , farmer's markets, op ~shops and lots of work on the house and garden
 

 
I found a pinned pile of early 20th century silk squares, all with different embroidery...I think they are modesty camisole squares
 
 
 
 
 
 
A piece of milk glass for 50c
 
 
 
Mr VL is very excited that his new incubator arrived and he was able to buy a dozen Sussex eggs ...so now we wait for 21 days
 
 
 
 
 
 
We have started on the building the coop...a work in progress!
 
The garden is still in full blossom and I have been taking heaps of pics as it is so fleeting.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The silver birch trees are beginning to sprout
 
 
 
Planting a new cherry and apricot tree
 
 

Daffodils are coming up everywhere!!
 
 
 
 
What I'm reading this week 
 
 
 
 
 
 




Linking up with :

Apron Thrift Girl 
The Dedicated House
A Living Space
Knick of Time
French Country Cottage
Ivy and Elephants
Common Ground
The Colorado Lady
Shabby Art Boutique
The Thrifty Groove
Chic on a Shoestring
Country Farm Home
My Romantic Home
Sir thrift-a-lot
Rose Vignettes
Rooted in Thyme
My Charmed Home
Blackbird Has Spoken
Elizabeth & Co
 The North End Loft
Finding Fabulous
 

15 comments:

  1. All that beautiful blossom, not long and it will be replaced by fresh green shoots.
    I do like the milkglass. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The embroidery is exquisite and the blossom on the trees spectacular. I do like the look of that op shop book and might have to see if I can get a copy from my local library.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful pieces of embroidery! And what a beautiful view of the gardens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Meg,
    Your embroidery pieces are gorgeous, as are those blooming Spring trees! Just beautiful! Our leaves will be changing to reds, oranges and yellows here very soon. How exciting to be hatching some chicks.
    Have a great week,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way in Blogland we can enjoy both spring and fall at the same time. Beautiful photography. Dainty and delicate silk squares.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are going to have baby chick?! Holy cow, I can't wait to see them! And the pictures of them in your beautiful yard are sure to be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pics and those trees are just amazingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what fun to see the blossoms! It's high summer here and won't be autumn until January! Lovely, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just had to follow you. Your blog is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those silk squares are gorgeous! Your back garden is spectacular too! I am your newest follower!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the embroidered pieces so much. What a lovely collection. The milk glass is a real bargain. My post today is all about milk glass.

    It is lovely to see Spring in full bloom in your part of our world. We are just heading for Fall color. Your photos are so wonderful.

    Have fun raising your chicks. My sister did that and I can tell you her chickens adored her. The minute she stepped out side to collect eggs they would gather all around her and cluck like crazy. She really had to close them in because the animals killed a couple of her chicks. We live in the mountains.

    xo, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. The linens are absolutely lovely--what a find! And your spring shots are a joy to behold as we go into fall (some of us not happily :) ). Thanks for sharing! ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete
  13. The linens are absolutely lovely--what a find! And your spring shots are a joy to behold as we go into fall (some of us not happily :) ). Thanks for sharing! ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those trees just take my breath away! Love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it all Meg. Your spring garden is a delight. Looks like you are settling in well :)
    I'm featuring this post at Shabbilicious Friday tomorrow.
    Hugs,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you and appreciate your messages. Meg xx