Friday, July 17, 2015

Winter White


I have been thinking about for ages about getting rid of my pretty, tall frou frou bedside lamps with fabric shades as they don't really give out much light to read by, and I have agonized for ages on going practical. I decided to go the whole hog and go with the industrial look from Ikea











Not much happening in the garden except lots of foggy mornings...I am dying for Spring with a dozen new pink roses and wisteria planted and the prunus trees blossoming














sweet smelling daphne





Linking up with 

The Dedicated House
Knick of Time
   French Country Cottage
Ivy and Elephants
Shabby Art Boutique
Chic on a Shoestring
My Romantic Home
The Charm of Home
Elizabeth & Co
  Woman in Real Life
                                                                  Common Ground
                                                                Thoughts from Alice
                                                                  The Shabby Nest 
                                                                  Bella Rosa Antiques 
                                                                  Dwellings of the Heart

15 comments:

  1. I adore the IKEA lamp(s). IKEA always amazes me with their divine creations....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This design is great quality...heavy base and comleteleyarticulated

      Delete
  2. I also got rid of my girly bedside lamp for the same reason you did. I don't know where my new (to me) lamp came from originally because I bought it at a thrift store. It is something like yours but it is a brushed antique coppery brass tone.

    Your part of the world sure looks pretty in winter.

    Briana from Texas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new bedside reading lamp is perfect beside your pretty white bed! Such beautiful and serene views of the garden and landscape. I love the scent of Daphne. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new look of your bedside lamps. It has been a very cold Winter here in South Australia and I too am looking forward to the Spring when the Cercis, Prunus,Crabapples and the Manchurian Pear trees show their true colours. Love your garden and will look forward to some more photos in the future...Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an adorable lamp and you bed looks so pretty. I want to dive in to those pillows. Puts my bed to shame. I think I need to put more effort into pillows. I only have one and it's not so welcoming as yours. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes we just have to go with practical, but I think your lamps look wonderful with your white bedding. Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing at VIParty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely to have Spring to look forward to...we are currently thinking about Autumn....but I have been planting some lovely roses and they will be in flower again before I know it.
    Best wishes
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one cozy looking spot to read! Thanks for sharing with Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your images are beautiful!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning Meg, I love the bush Daphne as the flowers it produces are so pretty.
    I love your industrial lamps which you have bought for your bedroom, especially set against your beautiful white bedding. I surprised myself the other day and bought an industrial looking standard lamp to place behind my settee.... I love it as it has now become a lovely reading area.
    I know I have mentioned this before, but you really do have the most beautiful views from your home.
    Enjoy your day.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Daphne...looking forward to taking Spring pics xxxxx

      Delete
  11. Hi Meg, I love your choice of lighting. We both read in bed, and practicality has to win out. The white makes them perfect, love your tufted headboard!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your new IKEA lamps
    Your bed is beautiful
    and can't get use to our season differences
    It's HOT summer time here in Missouri USA
    yesterday 110 heat index and very high humidity

    ReplyDelete
  13. All very pretty around here...

    Cielo

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you and appreciate your messages. Meg xx